Ballroom Dance Trips to Europe
Since 1993, we have been running ballroom dance trips to Europe and danced our way through Germany, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech republic, Italy, Croatia, Transylvania, Poland and more. We cruised the Danube, Lake Garda and Lake Balaton. We attended formal balls and informal dances, saw operettas and operas and soaked in the hot spaas of Budapest.
We travel by deluxe coach with a private tour guide.
These memorable custom-designed guided tours are for dancers and non-dancers, singles and couples alike.
For feedback and photos of previous trips, please see the links below.
Our next Ballroom Dance Trip to Europe is scheduled for May 12 to May 26, 2011.
HUNGAEY, SLOVENIA, ITALY and AUSTRIA
The package includes:
- Deluxe spa or castle hotels
- Breakfast & dinner (mostly dinner dances) daily
- Several lunches
- Guided Sightseeing tours
- Professional tour directors
- Licensed local guides
- Land travel by deluxe motor coach
- and dancing, dancing, dancing
- Important dates:
- Departure: May 12
- Return date: May 26
- 05/12 Thursday, Departure from New York JFK International Airport
- 05/13 Arrival in Budapest - transfer to our thermal spa hotel Grand Hotel Margitsziget (3 nights). Rest and enjoy the hot waters bubbling up from hundreds of feet below the earth. Dinner with music and folklore program
- 05/14 Budapest City tour, “limbo coach” on St. Margaret Island, dinner dance or if we are lucky with the date, we can attend an international ball again in Budapest!!
- 05/15 Excursion to the castle of Empress Sissy (Queen Elizabeth of Hungary) and to the land of the paloc (a group of Hungarians who speak an interesting Hungarian dialect). Theatre program, dinner
- 05/16 Departure to the Orseg – old region of Western Hungary with churches from XIII century; unique outdoor “village museum” a reproduction of a village from the 9th century; visit the baroque church built in 1787 with its famous painted ceiling
05/17 Departure to Postojna. With a rapid electric train, visit the world-famous stalactite caves rediscovered in 1818 (references to it go back to 1213) -- guided tour of the cave’s different halls. Departure to Triest.
05/18 City tour of Triest. Palaces by the Piazza Unita d' Italia, Verdi’s opera house, famous cafe houses that preserved their XIX century charm. Visit to the XIX century white marble Miramar castle of Maximilian Habsburg (Mexican emperor) and his wife Charlotte. Now a museum.
05/19 Departure to Italy’s largest (56 km) lake, Garda. Excursion to Sirmione and the Scaligeri castle.
05/20 Excursion to Milan, Italy’s second largest city. Visit the Dome, the Santa Maria delle Grazie church (with the fresco of Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper). Opera lovers, we might get some tickets to the Scala!
05/21 Cruise the Garda lake and visit Limone, Riva, etc.
05/22 Departure to Innsbtuck, capital of Tirol, a cultural center for 800 years. Visit the famous “Goldenes Dachl”, "Schwarze Mander", the Emperor’s palace and the Ambras castle.
05/23 Departure to Vienna. City tour, excursion to Baden, summer residence of the Emperor -- city of wine, thermal baths, café houses and Europe’s largest Casino.
05/24 Departure to Western Hungary. Stay at a Castle Hotel – eat, drink, swim and dance!
05/25 Excursion to the city of Pecs, relax and enjoy the farewell night!
05/26 Departure to Budapest International Airport to a flight back to JFK, NY
Rates & Information
- RATES: 2080 EURO* ($2765 as of 1/09) per person, plus $795 airfare, in first class hotels based on two persons sharing a twin (double) bedded room. All breakfasts and dinners and many lunches! Single room supplement: $650.
- TRAVEL: round-trip flight on a regularly scheduled airline. We secured a group fare on British Air for $795 per person. (Regular summer fare is over $980.)
- RESERVATION: Currently, we have four extra air tickets on hold. We appreciate it if you could please make your reservation as soon as possible.
- DEPOSIT: Send your deposit of $500, (payable to Esther Odescalchi) to:
E & B Dance Academy
1020 Freedom Road
Pleasant Valley, NY 12569
Tel: 845 635-3341
- BALANCE DUE: April 10, 2009
Enclosed is my deposit of $500 (Checks are payable to E. Odescalchi)
Please send your brochure to my friend:
- ADDRESS _____________________________
- PHONE ________________________________
- E-MAIL: _______________________________
- NAME: _________________________________
- ADDRESS: ______________________________
- PHONE: __________________________
- E-MAIL: _________________________
Rumors from previous trips . . .
. . . and this is what they said:
"We had a fabulous time!"i> Sharon & David 09
"Thank you for an experience beyond compare. This trip exceeded our expectations in all respects. This was a trip of a life-time! A dream come true." Pete and Faythe
"The trip was wonderful!" Annie
“When is the next trip? -- Doesn't matter, sign us up again!” Roy
“I tell my friends it (the trip) was like a fairy tale . . .I would like nothing more than to go again.” Jerry.
“It was an amazing trip .. what a wonderful time we had ... That seemed to be the case with fellow travelers.” Bobbie & Al
"I want you to know that of all the trips I have ever taken, your trip to Budapest was one of the most memorable. I have more fond memories that keep returning. What a wonderful hostess you are and what wonderful people I met. I am very grateful." Geri H.
“How many times and ways can we thank you for this wonderful experience. The trip was a BLAST!” Margaret & Sy
“Thank you for giving us the most wonderful and exciting trip of our life!!!” Anita & Bob.
“This trip was wonderful. Many thanks.” Lorraine & Jake
For photos from our previous trips, please click: