| Dance Classes, parties, events|
| Dances and Dance Club Events
Please note: Our new Web page is under construction and the links are no longer updated. We hope to migrate to the new Website soon.
What we do
With many years of teaching, choreographing, performing and lecturing experience, we offer:
- private classes
- arrange dance events and parties
- offer dance-related lectures and dance demonstrations
- visit different venues, provide dance music and get the audience on its feet with mixers, dance anecdotes and instructions
Spring into Summer Classes
- Date: Thursday June 15 (6 weeks) - note the date change from 06/08
- Place: St. John Lutheran Church Hall 55 Wilbur Blvd. POK (air-conditioned)
- 6:00 PM Swing special (basic knowledge of swing is recommended)
- 7:00 PM Advanced Ballroom & Latin (student choice of dance)
- 8:00 PM Basic/Intermediate ballroom/Latin (student choice of dance)
- Donation: $78 pp
- Reservation: Call Esther: 845 635-3341 Twinks.email@example.com
Tentative 2023 Fall Dance Class Schedule
- Date: Monday, October 2 (9 weeks)
- Place: BOCES, Salt Point Center (SPC) gym, Boces Rd. POK.
- Time: 6:00 pm Intermediate ballroom/Latin
7:00 pm Basic ballroom/Latin
8:00 pm Latin special
- $82 pp. Call: Kate 486-4800 ex.6101 or 635-3341
- To register online go to: Social Dance Classes (Ballroom, Latin, Swing)
- Date: Tuesday, October 3(10 weeks)
- Place: Arlington High School, Rt. 55, LaGrange
- Time: 6:00 PM Basic ballroom/
7:00 PM Intermediate/advanced ballroom/Latin
8:00 PM Latin and swing special
- To register online:
Call: Linda 486-4860 ex32102 or 635-3341
- Date: Thursday, October 5, 2023 (8 weeks)
- Place: St. John's Ev. Lutheran Church Hall, 55 Wilbur Blvd.POK
- Time: 6:00 Basic ballroom & Latin
7:00 PM Advanced ballroom & Latin
student choice of dance
8:00 PM High/Intermediate ballroom & Latin
- To register call 845 635-3341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WEDDING DANCE AND CHOREOGRAPHY
Wedding dance instruction and private lessons are for all levels of dancers from basic to advanced. For information and reservation, contact Esther 845 535-3341, email@example.com
Private Classes are ongoing all seasons - Contact Esther: 845 635-3341, firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide to help you select the appropriate class.
Class Fees varie depending on the sponsoring organization.
For information, please contact Esther 845 635-3341; email@example.com
- Basic & low-intermediate ballroom, Latin and Swing are for you if you never danced before or took only one basic class. Also, if you did not dance for a while and want a refresher, you will be happy in this class. Dances covered include: waltz, foxtrot, rumba, merengue or any other dance students request;
- Special dance class (swing, Latin, Tango, etc) concentrates on the selected dance and you will learn many different patterns in that dance
- Intermediate ballroom, Latin and Swing. If you have taken several classes in the past, but don't consider yourself an advanced dancer, this class is for you.
- Advanced ballroom, Latin and Swing. If you are well versed in several dances and go out dancing regularly, you will be conditioned to learn any of the advanced patterns we teach. During the session, we can either work on a variety of dances or select a special one that students select. The current class voted for the Rumba.
Waiting for the class to start
Our Arlington High School class of Winter 2023.
Parties and Events
Dance parties and events are announced during classes and in monthly email memos.
- GRADUATION DANCE PARTY - Thursday, June 1
- Place: St. John Lutheran Church Hall, 55 Wilbur Blvd. POK.
- Event: to celebrate dance, savor munchies, enjoy friendship and dance, dance, dance. We will honor our Dancing Angels, have a short workshop of your choice of dance and enjoy a dance mixer.
- Time: 7pm
- Donation: $8
- Ladies, please bring some munchies and gentlemen, please pick up a booze-less wine or drink.
- DINNER DANCE - Friday, June 9 (also: July 14 and August 15)
- Place: Germania Club, Degarmo Rd. Poughkeepsie
- Event: Biergarten dinner dance (depending on what you order $6 to $14)
- Date: Friday, June 9
- Time: 6pm to 10pm
- Entrance Fee for non-member guests: $3
- Band: Live music by Joe Unger band
- Menu: Bratwurst Dinner, and other choices
- Reservation: we reserve a table for our students, so if you wish to join us, please call, or email me (Esther) in a timely manner: 845 635-3341; firstname.lastname@example.org
- DANCING UNDER THE STARS GALA reserve July 29th! The gala, wine-tasting dinner dance is sponsored by the BLDCHV Dance Club.
(Details to be announced.)
Our dancing friends at Germania's Annual Gala
(Saturday, April 1)
Celebrating Valentine Day
We love and honor our Dancing Angels and our wonderful teacher Mark
For recent Fun Stuff, click: Recent fun fun fun
Formal affairs are always fun
Some of us at the Strauss ball in February
Ballroom and Latin Dance Club of the Hudson Valley
Reserve July 29th for the Club's annual gala wine tasting dinner dance Dancing Under the Stars Gala.The Dance Club (BLDCHV) holds its monthly dance in various Locations in Dutchess Country. Mostly dinner dances, tea dances, "Biergarten All selected locations have hard-wood floors and lovely ambiance. Club members receive a discount at all affairs. Live music! Reservations required. Members and guests are most welcome!
For Dance party pictures, click BLDCHV
and Gallery of Photos
Where can you go dancing?
Area private Clubs have ballroom/Latin dances at regular intervals. Dances are announced during classes and via emails.