This was our 2009 Trip Itinerary
Out next Ballroom Dance Trip to Europe is scheduled for May 20 to June 02, 2009.
(For feedback and photos of previous trips, please see links below!)
This memorable 14-day custom-designed guided tour - in the footsteps of DRACULA - is for dancers and non-dancers, singles and couples alike. The trip features:
"The land of Dracula”
(For centuries, part of the Kingdom of
Hungary, now part of Romania)
The package includes:
- Deluxe spa or castle hotels
- Breakfast & dinner (mostly dinner dances) daily
- Many lunches
- Sightseeing tours
- Professional tour directors
- Licensed local guides
- Land travel by deluxe motor coach
- Important dates:
- Departure: May 20
- Gala: May 30
- Return date: June 02
- 05/20 Departure from NY John F. Kennedy International Airport
- 05/21 Arrival in Budapest - transfer to our thermal spa hotel. Rest and enjoy the hot waters bubbling up from hundreds of feet below the earth. Dinner and “Budapest by Night” tour
- 05/22 AM Budapest guided city tour, free time. PM Danube cruise, dinner dance (possible visit to dance studio)
- 05/23 AM Excursion to the historic city of Eger, founded in 1102, famous for its superb wines such as the “Bull’s Blood.” City tour, free time, wine tasting, dinner dance
- 05/24 AM departure to Transylvania. On the way, we visit the city of Szeged, founded in 1183, birthplace of the famous red hot Hungarian paprika. PM arrival in Arad, Transylvania. Walking tour of the city and fort. Dinner dance
- 05/25 AM departure to Deva. Walking tour and free time. Visit the Castle of Deva via cable car.. Lunch. PM departure to the historic town of Alba Juli (Gyulafehervar). City tour. Departure to the medieval city of Sibiu (Nagyszeben). Dinner at Romanian mountain farmer’s house
- 05/26 AM city tour. Excursion to Bran, Dracula’s (Tolcsvar) Castle, built in the 13th century. Lunch. PM Travel to Brasov (Brasso) through the breathtaking landscapes of the Carpathian Mountains. Lunch at Brasov. Free time. Operetta evening with dinner
- 05/27 AM city tour, free time. Lunch. PM excursion to Sinaia (Szinaja) alpine resort to visit the Peles royal palace. Dinner with folklore program
- 05/28 Excursion to Sighisoara (Segesvar) where Dracula was born. This still inhabited medieval fortress is under UNESCO protection. Lunch. PM departure to Cluj Napoca (Kolozsvar) an important academic, cultural and business center. Dinner
- 05/29 AM Departure to Sancraine (Kalotaszentkiraly). Lunch with local folklore program. PM Departure to Western Hungary. Dinner at the hotel in Debrecen
- 05/30 AM Departure to Lake Balaton, the largest lake of Europe. Walking tour of Baltonfured. Free time, enjoy the spa at Grand Hotel. Special csardas evening with dinner.
- 05/31 AM Visit to Herend, home of the exquisite porcelain factory. PM excursion to the historical city of Veszprem. PM Gala dinner dance (possibly, with dance contests!)
- 06/01 AM relax at the wellness center. PM Cruise the Lake Balaton to visit the ancient village of Tihany founded in 1025. Free time. Farewell dinner dance.
- 06/02 AM after breakfast, departure to Budapest Ferihegy International Airport
Rates & Information
- RATES: 2080 EURO* ($2765 as of 1/09) per person, plus $795 airfare, in first class hotels based on two persons sharing a twin (double) bedded room. All breakfasts and dinners and many lunches! Single room supplement: $650.
- TRAVEL: round-trip flight on a regularly scheduled airline. We secured a group fare on British Air for $795 per person. (Regular summer fare is over $980.)
- RESERVATION: Currently, we have four extra air tickets on hold. We appreciate it if you could please make your reservation as soon as possible.
- DEPOSIT: Send your deposit of $500, (payable to Esther Odescalchi) to:
E & B Dance Academy
1020 Freedom Road
Pleasant Valley, NY 12569
Tel: 845 635-3341
- BALANCE DUE: April 10, 2009
Enclosed is my deposit of $500 (Checks are payable to E. Odescalchi)
Please send your brochure to my friend:
- ADDRESS _____________________________
- PHONE ________________________________
- E-MAIL: _______________________________
- NAME: _________________________________
- ADDRESS: ______________________________
- PHONE: __________________________
- E-MAIL: _________________________
Rumors from previous trips . . .
. . . and this is what they said:
"We had a fabulous time!"i> Sharon & David 09
"Thank you for an experience beyond compare. This trip exceeded our expectations in all respects. This was a trip of a life-time! A dream come true." Pete and Faythe
"The trip was wonderful!" Annie
“When is the next trip? -- Doesn't matter, sign us up again!” Roy
“I tell my friends it (the trip) was like a fairy tale . . .I would like nothing more than to go again.” Jerry.
“It was an amazing trip .. what a wonderful time we had ... That seemed to be the case with fellow travelers.” Bobbie & Al
"I want you to know that of all the trips I have ever taken, your trip to Budapest was one of the most memorable. I have more fond memories that keep returning. What a wonderful hostess you are and what wonderful people I met. I am very grateful." Geri H.
“How many times and ways can we thank you for this wonderful experience. The trip was a BLAST!” Margaret & Sy
“Thank you for giving us the most wonderful and exciting trip of our life!!!” Anita & Bob.
“This trip was wonderful. Many thanks.” Lorraine & Jake
For photos from our previous trips, please click: